A free chipper day, with curbside pick-up at your property, will be held September 22 for all residents of Christmas Tree Hill in Corte Madera. This program is funded by FIRESafe MARIN and Measure C - Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority, in partnership with Central Marin Fire Authority.
Free Chipper Day Guidelines:
● Pre-registration is required:
- Signup is on a first come first served basis. When we have reached our capacity, any additional registrants will be placed on a wait list. Residents on the waitlist will not receive a pickup unless they receive a confirmation email due to a cancellation.
- Residents need to bring their one pile to their curb for the chipper pick up by 8 am the day we have scheduled for your site. Pickup could be delayed for 1-2 days due to the volume the chippers are processing.
- Your pile is limited to 10 feet x 4 feet x 4 feet in size. If a pile is larger than 10x4x4, the excess will be left for the resident to remove. Firewise sites run the risk of losing their chipper event the following year if there are too many size violations.
- Do not tie or bag your vegetation.
What CAN go in the chipper?
- Tree limbs up to 8” in diameter.
- Shrubs, brush, limbs, woody bushes, pampas grass, scotch broom, cypress, juniper, bamboo.
- Lay all vegetation the same way with the base of the branch or plant at the same end.
What WILL be taken but can't be put in the chipper?
- Cut roots from bamboo, cut roots with rock/gravel/dirt from plant- place next to pile.
- Palm fronds - place next to pile.
What will NOT be taken for the safety of our crews?
● Trash, poison oak, blackberry brambles, firewood, construction materials, lumber, regular yard waste, leaves, lawn clippings.
This is a benefit of MWPA and FireSafe Marin to prepare for the wildfire season, this free chipper event is not intended to remove all vegetation that residents wish or need to remove. Any portion of a pile greater than 10x4x4 feet will be left behind and will become the resident’s responsibility to remove.